Thursday 24 April 2014


Featured Page

About

Unique handmade little art dolls - tea dyed cotton bodies, firmly fibre-filled, weighted with rice and dressed to impress!
Mission
All my dolls are created using my own pattern designs. Great care and attention to detail go into each and every doll over many hours.






Description
SewChildlike dolls are approx 18" (45cm) tall with bodies (depending on requirements) usually made from my tea-dyed natural cotton using my own pattern design and are, therefore, unique. They are firmly filled with poly fibre and slightly weighted with rice to help them sit well. Their arms bend at the shoulder and elbow, the legs, at the hip and knee. They have painted faces and woollen hair which is hand sewn in place. Each wear an outfit made especially for them using lovely new fabrics.

All the SewChildlike dolls are a little different; prices vary depending on what is involved in their creation. The prices start at £50 plus p&p. You may like to chose a hair shade and clothes in a favourite colour scheme. Maybe you would like a child's name to appear on the doll for a special keepsake/occasion. You may like to add a cardi/jacket or a little teddy or doll for your doll! More ideas can be seen on my web page (www.sewchildlike.co.uk) which contains many images of dolls I have already made.

All you need to do is message me. Let me know what you have in mind and I can give you a quote. If you decide you would like me to go ahead and make your doll, I will add you to my order book. Once completed, I will send you a photo. If you are happy, I will invoice you via Paypal and organise delivery.

Each doll takes several days to make so please allow me about four weeks notice to source materials and create your doll.

SewChildlike dolls are not suitable for very young children as they cannot be washed and do have little details like buttons etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment