Saturday 28 February 2015

FEATURED PAGE - PINK LIME CRAFTS - 28th Feb 2015




CLICK THE PICTURE TO VISIT MY FB PAGE

I was first introduced to crochet as a very young child by my grandma but all I remember her making were the pom pom poodles that cover bottle tops, toilet roll covers with dolls through the middle of them and the odd blanket every now and then. Of course I wasn't interested at the time and like a lot of people just assumed crochet was for  'grannies'.  When I think of the opportunities I missed, I could have learnt so much from her.


I have tried many different crafts over the years including cross stitch and card making which I loved to do but it wasn't until three years ago that I discovered crochet again.
It happened whilst I was watching my two children play water polo, one of the mums was teaching someone else to crochet.  I thought to myself 'that doesn't look so bad, maybe I should give it a try'.  The next day I bought a magazine that had a hook and some wool included and sat down to give it a go.  

Well, I couldn't do it.  I was just about to give up when I decided to see if there were any tutorials on YouTube and guess what there were tons of them.  I sat down at the dining room table, hook and wool in hand and that Is how it all started.  I probably drove my family crazy stopping and starting the tutorials all the time. I know my son had a few giggles at some of the terms that were used.

After I'd made a few small items I decided to jump in at the deep end and made a kingsize rainbow  granny stripe blanket.  It took six months to make and as soon as I'd finished the last stitch it was pinched by my daughter.  I don't mind really as she's made good use of if. I really caught the crochet bug and it totally took over.  I was always crocheting in my spare time and had soon built up quite a collection,  it was taking over the house.  I joined a few crochet groups on Facebook to chat to people who shared the same hobby as me and noticed quite a few of them had their own pages where they sold what they made.  In June 2013 I finally felt confident that my crochet was good enough to sell and that is when PinkLimeCrafts was born. 

I crochet most things including hats, scarves, coasters and baby items  but the things I love to make most of all  are blankets in any shape or size.  I just love all the choices you have both in styles and colours.  I love going to my stash (which has taken over a wardrobe in the bedroom) throwing the balls of yarn on the bed and then picking out the colours that go well together.  This is how one of my favourite blankets came about. 

Apart from the joy my family brings me I am at my happiest sitting in my little corner of the sofa, a cup of tea on the table next to me and a hook in my hand. 


I would love it if you could visit my little corner of Facebook. 

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know where I can find the pattern for the 12 point blanket!!

    ReplyDelete