Saturday 10 January 2015

FEATURED PAGE - Ditzy Daisy Design

FEATURED PAGE
CLICK LOGO ABOVE TO VISIT THE FB PAGE





I often get asked how I started, and it's not a very exciting story but a similar one I suspect to many other crafters!! I had always had a love of sewing, passed down from my Mother who made curtains for a living from home, and I started on my Grandmother's antique treadle Singer sewing machine!! It was a matter of time before I was making lavender bags and dolls clothes etc etc!! I learnt how to make beaded jewellery whilst I was at college, as there was an excellent bead shop in the city I was studying in and they made fantastic, cheap birthday presents for friends! I've carried on "playing" with both these types of crafting since then.



My business came about the Christmas before I started my page. I was Secretary for my children's school PTA and offered very last minute to make hand crafted tree decorations, crackers and brooches for the Christmas Fair as they were very low on things to sell!! Everything sold out and I was approached by several Mums to make more that Christmas!!! Since then my business has grown slowly, and I'm really proud to say that I now have over 19,000 likers on my page!!! 



My creations have really evolved since I first started, and now my main business comes from bespoke, personalised makes which I absolutely adore working on as each order is different, and some are requested for lovely Birthday, Anniversary, Christmas and Wedding presents, which really make me smile!!! My most popular creation at the moment is my Family Tree Canvas Pictures, I sew directly onto the artist's canvas with pretty materials and felt and hand stitch wordings and names onto some of the leaves. Ive been really pleased with how popular they've become!! 


I work in various different types of materials, and am moving into mixed media now. Felt and luxury fabrics feature a lot in my designs, and I love using Art beads in my jewellery work - fabulous handmade, gorgeous beads that make each piece I make unique!! 


Builiding my page has been hard work but a labour of love, but I absolutely love chatting with my customers and being able to help them create beautiful and original gifts, homeware and keepsakes! I am so proud of how far I've come, but i've still got big plans for the future!! I now have an Etsy shop which I am just about to fill for the New Year and I can be found on Instagram, Twitter, Tsu and I'm trying to figure out Pinterest too!! So pop over, have a look around and please don't be shy, I love being approached for one off designs and commissions and Im always happy to help!!! xxxxx

CLICK  TO VISIT FB PAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment