Saturday 17 January 2015

FEATURED PAGE - Frankly It's Cornish Maid


FEATURED PAGE

















Hello! My name is Michelle Lugg and I'm a married mum with a 7 year old son. I have a big love of yarn and colour and marry the two to create bespoke crochet blankets of all sizes.




 As a child my mum taught me to knit but I always longed to be able to crochet but because I'm left handed I couldn't make sense of it!!! After my son was born I started knitting A LOT but I still wanted to crochet so I decided to give it a go again but this time right handed and, as they say, the rest is history!!!


 

Crochet really clicked for me and I started making and designing small gifts for friends and family. In December 2013 a friend persuaded me to sell some of my crochet at my son's school's Christmas Craft Fayre which I did and I was totally blown away by the response to my work. I came away with LOTS of orders. In January 2014 I decided to see if there was a market for my crochet online so I started my Facebook page Frankly It's Cornish Maid (the Frank in Frankly is after my great uncle Frank whose cottage I now live in!).



As my yarn obsession grew it began to take over our cottage so my carpenter husband restored our summerhouse and it has become my craft room/haven!

The thing I love to make the most is blankets! I love everything about them. As you will see I love to create COLOURFUL blankets. When I first started Frankly I hoped that at some point I would be able to just concentrate on making blankets for people and I am so lucky that that is what I now do. I believe that the passion and love that I put into them shines through and this has enabled me to make a place for myself and Frankly in the blanket world both here in the UK and internationally!!


Click the picture to visit Frankly It's Cornish Maid fb page

No comments:

Post a Comment